Membership of the SMCBA is available to all those interested and involved in printed board assembly, manufacture and design, marketing, sales, technology transfer and education, technical support and related areas.
The SMCBA is a professional industry association and as such offers members the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Technical Support
- Access to Standards and Certification Programs
- International Linkages
- Networking Opportunities
- Marketing Opportunities
- A voice to Government
For almost three decades the SMCBA has established an international reputation for its services to and support of the electronics industry in Australia and New Zealand. As part of their membership members will receive an electronic copy of the SMCBA newsletter "Pick 'N' Place", discounts to all SMCBA sponsored programs and events, the opportunity to purchase standards, manuals, texts, journals and training materials available through the SMCBA at member prices and use of the SMCBA library and facilities. Corporate members also have additional benefits.
Benefits of SMCBA Corporate Membership Benefits
IN ADDITION TO THE USUAL BENEFITS OF SMCBA MEMBERSHIP CORPORATE MEMBERS HAVE THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- The opportunity to include member announcements in Pick 'N' Place and to provide technical articles for possible publication in the newsletter.
- Opportunity to attend technical meetings and bring literature for distribution to attendees.
- Discounts for all employees to attend SMCBA Seminars, Workshops and Conferences.
- Discounts for exhibitions and displays sponsored by the SMCBA including the Electronex Exhibition.
- Opportunity to provide technical speakers for Association technical meetings.
- The SMCBA provides a forum for the industry and will endeavour to provide assistance to its members in representation to Government bodies etc where such assistance is necessary and available and falls within the charter of the Association.
- Networking opportunities and a facility for industry cooperation.
- Inclusion in the SMCBA Electronics Equipment and Accessories Suppliers Guide, Electronics Assembly Directory and/or Design Services Directory.
- Membership certificate in recognition of corporate membership.
- Additional discounts on program fees and other services.
- Corporate members are offered first option on conference and workshop places and are notified first of sponsorship opportunities for SMCBA programs.
- Corporate members are able to nominate multiple voting members to exercise the voting rights for their company. The number is dependent on the level of corporate membership (ie. Companies with full-time employees up to 25: 3 votes, 26 to 100: 5 votes, > 100: 10 votes, Educational Inst: 3 votes).
Individual Membership Conditions
- Individual Membership relates only to the person who has taken out that membership NOT to the company they are employed by.
- The membership is not transferable to any other person.
- Membership fees are payable by the member NOT the company. The SMCBA shall only accept company cheques for membership in the instance where the Individual Member is the Owner/Manager of a company of less than 5 employees. If members wish to recoup fees from their employer after payment that is a matter between them and their employer.
- All purchases by Individual Members claiming individual membership discounts (including IPC standards) are deemed by the SMCBA to be the property of the individual member as discounts only apply to the member NOT to the company. If you wish to pay by company cheque the SMCBA requires acknowledgement in writing from the company concerned that the purchase is for the person listed as the individual member, for example IPC standards are registered to the Individual Member NOT to the company and as such should stay the property of the member. If the member wishes to pay by personal cheque and then recoup costs from their employer this again a matter between the two parties.
- The SMCBA will accept payment by the individual member's employer for conference and workshop fees.
- Corporate membership benefits do not apply to individual members.