Chief Executive Officer: Mr D.M.(Max) Rose M.B.E., J.P.(Qual.).
RFTech undertakes design work from the concept stage right through to external large scale manufacturing, or any of the stages in between. Many projects undertaken by RFTech are on a consulting or partial design basis. This allows companies to use RFTech areas of expertise to design parts or modules of the total product. Feasibility studies and failure analysis examinations are also value add services offered by RFTech. RFTech has vast experience in collaborative design as a design partner in larger projects, to ensure adequate resources are available when required. RFTech partners with larger, external companies when complex mechanical design and large scale production becomes necessary.
Our goal is to provide innovation, flexibility and speed in the design and development of new, advanced products and systems for both wired and wireless applications. R.F.Technologies Aust Pty Ltd provides a highly efficient Product Development Centre focusing on advanced embedded control and communication systems with strong emphasis on new and emerging wireless technology. Over many years, the Company has gained significant and wide ranging experience in; specifying, designing and interfacing of electronic products into mobile (terrestrial and airborne) applications. Specifically, RFTech, by way of its ongoing programs, is involved in the design, prototyping, manufacture and testing (Both Hardware & Software) of the following:
- eTag (Tolling Systems).
- Two Way HF / VHF / UHF Voice and Data Communications.
- In Vehicle data recording and logging.
- Vehicle Tracking by Wireless Remote.
- Vehicle Power Sources. DC/AC Inverters & DC/DC Converters.
- Medical Grade Power Supplies for the Medical Aviation Industry.
- Embedded Control Systems for vehicle pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and lighting control.
- Dual and Eco Fuel Embedded Control Systems.
- New Technology Vehicular Antenna Systems.
- Military Applications
RFTech and others have Patent Applications in at least four (4) of the above specialist fields.
RF Technologies offers the following services: Engineering
- Circuit/Schematic Design and Verification
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout
- Embedded Software Development
- Reverse Engineering
- System Failure Investigation and Analysis
- Pre-compliance testing
- Electronic Design consultation
- Rapid prototype design
- Technical specification compilation
- Development based on number of international wired and wireless communication standards and/or protocols
- Protocol design, development and verification
- Component sourcing and supply
- Rapid prototype manufacturing
- Repair, Maintenance and Overhaul to component level
- Volume Manufacturing Analysis and Recommendations
Wireless Communication Standards
- Global System for Mobile (GSM) telecommunications providing data rates similar to a dial-up modem
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) is third generation mobile phone technology allowing high speed data packet access (HSPDA) or speeds equivalent to a broadband connection.
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)- based on Global Position System (GPS) and European Galileo positioning system enabling data collection on location, speed, direction
- Infrared Data Association (IrDA) providing short-range exchange of data over infrared light, for uses such as personal area networks (PANs).
- Consumer Infrared: short-range line of sight used to send remote control signals over infrared light
- Bluetooth- short range technology allowing devices to connect to each other in a personal area network. Commonly found in mobile phones and used to “pair” with a headset.
- Zigbee (802.15.4) – short range low power wireless communication protocol allowing for peer to peer or mesh networking. Primarily deployed in Machine to machine (M2M) and home automation.
- Ultra Wide Band (UWB) a new wireless communication standard based on wide band and short impulses allowing extremely high data rates. Currently operates in the 3-9Ghz and is being deployed in Bluetooth 3.0 and Wireless USB (WUSB).
- 802.11 a/ b/g /n used for wirelessly networking computers and computer peripherals
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is an automatic identification method utilised in keyless entry and inventory tracking
- Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC) is a subset of RFID designed and deployed for use in automobiles and road side equipment such as toll plazas and the like.
- VHF / UHF Voice & Data Communications.
- Wired Communication Standards
- RS232 providing short range (2-10m) communication , with and without flow control
- RS485/RS422 providing long range communication (10-1200m)
- Ethernet for local area network (LAN) and internet connected device communication
- Control Area Network (CAN) for automobile control and monitoring
- Modbus (RS232/RS485/Ethernet) providing control and data acquisition
- Internet Protocol (IP)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Universal Data Protocol (UDP)
- Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
- File Transfer Protocol
- Modbus application development
- Control Area Network
- Universal Serial Bus (USB)
- DSRC application development
- Along with customised Protocol design, development and verification